Monday, January 24, 2011

Running Across The World Without Shoes.

Today, Kelsey, Ciara and myself were driving home from school, just talking about random things really, when Ciara, told me that she had been reading my blog. That, made me feel like a goddess. I mean, honestly, someone who takes the time to read this, and then tells me in person or somewhat in person that they enjoyed it, is my hero. So. Thank you. I love you. A lot. So, I told her that. I told her that she was the best thing that ever happened to me. Then the car stopped. Kelsey yelled that to get out of her car. Something about her not being the best thing that ever happened to me. So, I opened the door, and jumped out just as she was driving away.
I stood there laughing while I watched them drive away, knowing they were laughing too. I just waited there. This scenario had happened a million times. We mockingly yell, you spring from the car, and they speed off. Then, sooner than later, they turn around and you get back in, and tell everyone you know how funny it all was. Note the sooner than later.
I watched them turn the corner, and then around the next. Umm... hello? Did you guys study up on what I just said? Forget something?? I am still here. I grabbed at my pocket thinking I could just call the dorks when I realized that I had been a dork myself. I had left my phone in the car that had just drove away from me. I had piano at three. What time was it? No idea. I hadn't put on my watch today. So, I took off my snake skin flats, a.k.a. uncomfortable flats, and started to run.

It was cold, and wet. But I didn't care. I felt... wonderful. For the first time in a long time. Like nothing could touch me. It was just the sun shinning through my hair, and my feet pounding on the ground. A shoe in each hand. My feet hadn't touched the ground since last fall. Princess feet now. Soft and smooth. All wear of climbing trees had been long gone. The road with the horrible rocks on it usually repulsed me. But my feet were numb in just seconds, and I couldn't feel anything. Just my spirit singing to what it really needed. I jumped over big mounds of mud, but ended up just treading right through the snow.

I don't exactly know what my soul needed, and I don't even know what it got. But I do know that it got something. And whatever it was. It was brilliant.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog. You are my hero. I just wanted to tell you to be careful out there on those roads, love. mom.

    ReplyDelete