Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I'm 16.

I am pretty sure my 16th year is going to be a long year of raging hormones, because 6 months ago I lived and breathed turning 16, 2 weeks ago I could have honestly cared less, and last night I absolutely hated the idea.
I was shipped off to the basement last night to find that I have invented a new theorem. Or equation. Or, well you get the idea.

Amelia + exercise = Happy
Exercise = sleep.
Happy = sleep.
Amelia = happy when exercise + sleep
Spring break = no exercise.
Amelia = no sleep.

So. There you have it. Last night I decided I would watch Sleeping Beauty. After, (12:00am) I tried to go to sleep. In vain. So I grabbed my nifty book light and headed upstairs to our library. While searching for a good couple minutes, I found 6 different versions of the story Sleeping Beauty, where I then tip-toed back down the stairs and into my room. I read all of the versions until about 2. Some were very much the same, and some different. Where am I going with this? I am not exactly sure. But one very common theme was Prince Phillip? A babe. Sleeping Beauty? A princess. I? am Sleeping Beauty. Call me if you're Prince Phillip.

I woke up this morning, tried to stay in bed for another, got out at 7:30, and got ready for the day. It felt normal people. Trust me. I mean, my parents told me to go and pick some more berries, I told them it was my birthday, why am I picking berries? I sang with some birds. The usual. But then, a prince comes grabs my hands and starts dancing with me. Well, yeah, we fell in love. Then, my parents told me that I was really a princess (surprise surprise) and I was taken to a castle to meet the guy I was supposed to marry. I was sad about the guy in the woods but, what's a girl to do? Then, my old pal Maleficent came, I pricked my finger, fell asleep for a couple hours, and woke up to a kiss. So, thank you to everyone who came to my wedding!
Yeah, perfect day, am I right?

Oh and if you're wondering whether any of this happened today or not? It did.

My Sleeping Beauty Story

Maleficent. She's pretty cool

Me, Dreaming about the prince I don't know about yet.

Prince Phillip. He's a babe.

This is us. Dancing. Falling in love. Whatever.

Me. I am sleeping. Beautifully. (ironically.)
Me and him. Like wow.






1 comment: