Monday, March 7, 2011

Just Following The Footsteps

So, I think this life of mine needed a little relief, because today, I definitely got it. I have been stressed out to my neck recently. It really has been awful.
I went to school today in my choir dress because I was told that we were taking choir photos. Everyone failed to mention that it wasn't just for choir, but for every bloody club in the entire school. If I would have known how many pictures I was actually going to be taking I would have sure as hell taken out my freaking curling iron. But, no. I pulled the 'natural girl' look today. And really Amelia? The outfit that I chose today couldn't have been something less... granola? I didn't even wear jewelry. But, you know what? My day was so freaking brilliant that none of this even mattered until right now.
I get called down to the auditorium early during first period (Seminary) for my choir picture. Take it. Sign the little list so they can put my name under it. Get dressed. Back to class. I was in second period for about five minutes (choir) when I hear my TRUE club gets called down. 'Will the Harry Potter Club come down and get their picture taken now please." I go down, stand with my mates. Do a freaking awesome Hermione Granger pose. Sign the list. When they call up Eagle Pride Club. Some of my friends start filtering in on the stage and they start putting everyone into rows. Now, I had two choices. 1. Go back to the worst part of my life, choir, or 2. take a picture as an Eagle Pride Member.
My mom hasn't told me very many stories about her life in high school, but one that I do remember was her telling me about her own Club Photo Day. (It was a shock to me to find out today that we still have one of these. I mean, that was a really long time ago. We are like, ages ahead now, right?) but, she told me that when they started calling down certain clubs, she and her friends would go and stand in every photo that they could. Ski club? Oh yeah, she was in it. Chess Club? that one too. So if I learned anything from my mother about what to do in high school, it was to get in as many clubs as you possibly could.
So, after Eagle Pride, and FBLA (which we re-named as Fun BarbiePlaying Loser AssociationClub) I went back to second period for about the last five minutes.
I hate to say it, but third and fourth totally went the same way. I finished what I needed to in class, and then, I left.

I managed to get into the:
1. Choir
2. Harry Potter Club
3. FBLA
4. Eagle Pride Club
5. Jedi Club
6. Meditation Club
7. Stress Relief Club
8. The PSTKFS or something Club
9. The something foreign Language Club
10. Dang it, what was it. Oh well, I was totally just in the moment. (there were 10 though)

Wow. Am I right? Funny thing is, I was wearing a black sweater with sparkling rhinestones covering the whole thing. Like attack of the rhinestone woman or something. The people should have noticed after like 10 freaking clubs right? I mean come on. By the last five photos I was in, they started to get smart by having a role call list of that club. You could only go up if your name was called. So, I would wait with all of the other hopefuls and wait until some absent girls name was called so I could just go take her place. It was genius I tell you. So, I would sneak onto the stage and go to the back row so I wouldn't stand out. And they would start calling people out that they noticed had slipped on, like "hey you, you have been up here before. get out of here." and then multiple times they would say, hey, girl with the sparkly shirt. Come down on the first row, you're too short to be up there. umm... okay. whatever you say. I mean seriously? Idiot. Notice me again? and again? Whatever. I was okay with it.

But hey, if anyone asks why, I'm just following in the footsteps man.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go. I probably have some other tips for your high school days...let me think.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah mom, the elevator goal? i didn't make it, maybe amelia can. but this was great. really. you are totally my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amelia, your my hero. I always wanted to do that.

    ReplyDelete